About Spartanburg Steel Products Inc.
Spartanburg Steel Products designs, develops, engineers, and manufactures high quality metal stampings and welded sub-assemblies for automotive, heavy truck, agricultural, construction, and lawn & garden markets.
Founded in 1962, Spartanburg Steel Products is located in Spartanburg, South Carolina. With over 575,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing floor space and 550 dedicated team members, SSP processes over 120,000 tons of steel each year. We stamp over 30 million parts each year and weld 20 million weldments each year. Here at SSP we believe we are "More Than Parts, We're Partners."
- 200 to 2000 ton progressive, transfer, and tandem stamping presses to handle varying requirements
- Capable of forming high strength steel material including HSLA, bake hard, dual phase, and Domex
- 24 hour tool & die support on site
- In house metrology including dimensional analysis and metallurgy
- Equipped to handle simple weldments to complex modular sub-assemblies
- Robotic MIG and spot welding
- Hemming and water tight sealing
- Post paint final assembly
- TS-16949 and ISO-14001 certified
- Circle Grid Analysis, PPAP, FMEA, APQP
- CMM and laser scan measurement ensure the highest repeatable part quality
- Robotic checking sensors and Poka-Yoke devices